Step 1 Stuff you need
You're gonna need some Dry Ice, a geek/nerd friend or anyone in general who's a complete and utter idiot when it comes to computers, a laptop (prefferably a brand new one), several accomplices and a high-resolution screen shot of this:
(It can be any of the different variants of the Blue Screen of Death, it just needs to be big enough so it looks real)
Step 2 Get the "mark" out of the room
This is where your accomplices come in, you/or your accomplices should have bought dry ice early on, and get your mark out of the room/house by making up some excuse, that you/or an accomplice needs to go buy something at the store, and ask if they would accompany them.
Step 3 The Switch
With your idiot buddy out of the room, find a BSoD picture and save it to "My Pictures."
- Make sure that when you do save the picture to move any and all pictures he may have to another folder on the computer or else it will not work.
- Leave the ONE Blue Screen of Death picture in the "My Pictures" folder
- You may want to decrease the amount time the computer needs to idle for, in order for the new screen saver to appear. 2 minutes should be enough time for it to show up.
Now, you switch the screensaver from whatever they have to, "My Picture Slideshow", and in the settings button change the file location to where you saved the picture.
Step 4 Prank goes live
When the switch is complete, let the computer idle for 2 minutes as stated above. And close the laptop SLIGHTLY, and place some dry ice carefully ontop of it. The dry ice will freeze the LCD and eventually thaw out.
- Remember to wear protective gloves when dealing with dry ice.
When you believe it's frozen, take the dry ice off, and move the cursor. If the nothing else appears and the BSoD is still on the screen you have successfully and literally frozen the screen.
Step 5 Return evertything in it's place
When that's all said and done, try to put it all back how it was and when your buddy returns, watch him freak out.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades